In less than a week, on December 4th, Tehran’s independent Ted talk will be held for the third year at Raazi Great Conference Hall. Each TEDx event has a theme to engage discussions around a specific subject. For this year, TEDxTehran‘s theme is called “New Paradigm”.
TED (standing for Technology, Entertainment, Design) is a conferences held each year in many cities of the world. The purpose of the event is to spread and support the world changing ideas. The speakers are given up to 18 minutes to deliver their ideas. Some of the prominent past speakers include Bill Gates, Bono, Larry Page, Roger Ebert, Sheryl Sandberg and Elizabeth Gilbert. Click here to watch the most popular TED talks of all time.
TEDx events (where x means independently organized TED event) are local and self-organized events held across many places in the world. In Iran, TEDx conferences have been held in many cities such as Tehran and Kish island. The first TEDxTehran event was held in 2013 and had roughly 400 participants. This year TEDxTehran is expected to host 1000 participants.
For this year, TEDxTehran speakers and their topic of speeches include:
- Alireza Tahmasebzade – What if technology could be personalized for you
- Leila Araghian – How I designed a bridge to bring people together
- Kiana Shafiei – Classical music with a Persian twist
- Mashallah Naghilou – What I did after my heart attack: climbed mount Damavand, 5 times!
- Azita Houshiar – Food and social media: Changing the conversation one tastebud at a time
- Dr. Nasser Aghdami – Crossing the boundaries of science
- Gilda Gozar – Stories behind Iran
- Mohammad Ali Inanlou – Half a century with Iran nature
- Sassan Behzadi – Innovation vs. copy
- Azadeh Yasaman Nabizadeh – Iranian craftsmanship preserved through modern designs
Click here to learn more about TEDxTehran and to apply for the event.
Make sure to check TechRasa’s Twitter on the day of the event for live tweets and pictures from the event.
Image courtesy of TEDxTehran