Getting involved and connecting to an up-and-coming community that you haven’t had any idea it even existed could be tricky! Here we’ve narrowed it down to 8 events that could get you started.
Iran Web & Mobile Conference
- A two day conference for web designers, developers and creative technologist followed by exciting hands-on workshops in the heart of the Middle East! The 7th annual web and mobile conference was held on February 2015 at the international congress center of Beheshti University. This year more than 700 Techies, 30 investors along with more than 15 local and international thought provoking speakers attended the conference.
Startup Grind Tehran
- Startup Grind is a monthly event featuring an hour long fireside chat with successful local entrepreneurs where the host asks questions about the journey and all the challenges and lessons that person had. The event also includes a networking program before and after the chat where the attendees exchange ideas and talk about their own projects and startups. 8 Events have been held by May 2015.
- There’s no speaker and no invitation needed…and it’s free! This networking event is held every week on Wednesdays. Developers, designers and basically anyone interested in starting their own startup, or anyone interested in joining one gathers in the office of a hosted company and talks about the opportunities and challenges they’re facing in this community. Hamfekr started in Tehran and has spread to more than 7 cities in Iran. So far more than 1200 people have attended this event only in Tehran.
- Previously known as Iran Startups, this event was first held in 2013 as a networking event and a gathering between the startup community builders. Right now the event consists of a fireside chat with prominent startup founders and has been held 12 times. Startup Spark, is one of the most significant events held in Tehran and is now being expanded to other cities.
- A breakfast with entrepreneurs of your city! Organized by Vahidian sisters for the first time on November 2013. During the program a couple of questions are presented and two startup entrepreneurs are invited to talk about the challenges they have faced or are facing. Afterwards the attendees try to give their opinion and solutions to those problems.
- A night full of coding and pizza with a technical community, led by a local network of creative programmers! In this event, programmers compete and get to know each other and network in person. The event is free to attend, and companies who are interested in hiring passionate developers can sponsor this program.
- “Entrepreneurship café” is an event held by the faculty of entrepreneurship of Tehran University. 9 events have been held by now, and more than 1000 techies have attended this event. The event consists of a fireside chat with a successful entrepreneur. The event featured speakers including Shahin Tabari (CEO of Chargoon), Mohsen Malayeri (Founder of Avatech startup accelerator) And Alireza Shirazi (Founder of Blogfa).
- A cafe allocated exclusively to IT. Every week an event regarding to a special subject is held, though the events are only exclusive to those who are a member of the cafe. Aside from the events, people with talent and basically anyone with an idea can register to this place to use the provided facilities like the space, internet and the training.